Free Tuition for Newcomers with Ashton College Bursaries
Be one of the recipients of an Ashton College full-time tuition bursary valued up to $8,000. Join the ranks of past immigrants who are building their careers in their chosen fields. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents who arrived in Canada for the first time within the last five years, and who wish to enroll in a full-time program. Deadline for submission is on October 31, 2019.
Types of Awards
Four full-time tuition bursaries (excluding books, application fee, and material fee) to a maximum value of $8,000 each. The award has no cash value.
Areas of Study
2019 Bursaries are applicable towards all programs offered at Ashton College Vancouver and Abbotsford campuses. Only one winner will be determined per each program.
- A 500-word essay detailing the applicant’s financial need, purpose, and specific goals for the future. In addition, the essay should set out details of previous studies undertaken by the applicant, work experience, and involvement with community activities. All essays submitted should be well structured and free of errors. An external panel of four judges will evaluate the essays.
- A reference letter from a previous instructor or employer within the past five years
- Completed application form (see below)
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time the application is submitted.
- Must have arrived in Canada for the first time within the past five years.
- Must register and begin a full-time program within one calendar year from the date awarded.
- Cannot be deferred.
- Awards are non-transferable.
- Bursary student must adhere to existing academic policies of the College.
- At the time of registration, application fee must be submitted along with completed application form.
- Bursary student must meet all the admission requirements of the program.
- Bursary cannot be applied retroactively: bursary cannot be applied to tuition already paid, or to programs in which the applicant is already registered.
- Bursary applicant cannot be employed by, or related to employees of, Ashton College or Canadian Immigrant Magazine.
For more details and original post, visit the Ashton College Bursaries page here
Story by Immigrant Magazine can be found here